New Family of USB Power Delivery Controllers from MicrochipJune 19, 2014
The new device is a highly flexible and configurable solution that supports the 5 USB-IF standard UPD power profiles plus an additional 25 UPD-compliant profiles for a total of 30 profiles supported by a single chip. This will allow designers to select the optimum power profiles in order to meet their specific application requirements.
- Support 5 defined USBPD power profiles + 25 additional user’s defined profiles
- Fully integrated. Microprocessor and USBPD controller
- Offering integrated ADC for Voltage/current monitoring
- Coming with a ready-to-use UPD1001 Evaluation Kit (part # EVB-UPD100). It integrates everything you need for a USB Power Delivery provider.
- Delivered in Consumer (0°C to +70°C), Industrial (-40°C to +85°C) and Automotive (-40°C to +105°C) grade
- Only provider, meaning not supporting swap features. Looking at the published UPD100x family roadmap, we should wait for the UPD1002 to have the role swap available.
- Compliant with USBPD v1.2. We are currently at v1.3
- Not clear the level of flexibility and programmability